My Trivallis

Don’t lose out on UC

2 April 2024

Report your rent increase to the DWP on or after the 03 April 2024

Do you receive Universal Credit (UC)?

If so, then you need to notify the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) on or after the 03 April 2024 to inform them that your rent has changed.

You will not be able to update your UC claim until your rent has increased on 03 April 2024, so please ensure you update it on or after this date, not before.

Back in February, you will have received your rent increase letter that you can use to update your UC claim. If you don’t know what your rent details are, you can find them by registering for your online My Trivallis account.

You could miss out on your benefits, or your rent account could fall into arrears if you don’t update your UC claim.

‘To-Do’ Notification

To make this easier for you, the DWP will send you a ‘To-Do’ notification to your journal in the first week of April 2024.

You must complete the ‘To-Do’ before the end of your UC assessment period in April 2024 or you will miss out on the money you are due.

To update your UC claim, you will need to:

See our step-by-step process of how to make the changes:

  1. Confirm your housing costs are changing from the 03 April 2024 (not the 01 April 2024).

  1. Confirm your new weekly rent

(These figures are examples only.)

  1. Confirm changes to service charges

Please note that if you manage your UC account over the phone, you will need to notify the DWP by calling 0800 328 5644.

Unfortunately, we are unable to inform the DWP on your behalf.

For those of you who don’t receive UC but receive Housing Benefit, the council will update your Housing Benefit claim automatically with your new rent charges. If you pay your rent by Direct Debit, your payments will already have been amended and you should have received confirmation of this from AllPay.

If you require any support with this, please contact the Trivallis Money Advice Team on 01443 494560 or e-mail